Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Book Leveling Labels

Next school year will bring new state assessments for K-3 grade teachers in my district.   I'm actually excited about the information these online assessments will give us and the reports we can generate to communicate student needs to parents.  The only downfall with the new assessment is that it brings us new book levels to use for our reading instruction.   Not such a big deal if my classroom library wasn't already leveled using the Lexile Framework.   Bring on a new summer project!   :)

This summer I will be re-leveling all of my classroom library books to help next year's children select books that are on their "just right" reading level.   I've decided though that I am tired of leveling them one way to only need them leveled another.   I've created these labels to put inside every book.  I am going to level them all using DRA, Guided Reading levels, and Lexile.  This way, I'll hopefully never have to level them again. :)


 
 
 
You can get these labels FREE here in my TPT store if you need a summer project.  


These labels can be printed on Avery Template 5162.   Each Avery label contains two book labels and will just need to be cut into two. 

I will be using Scholastic Book Wizard website to access all of these new levels for my books.   I've heard there is also a great app called Level It that can scan bar codes and give levels.   I might give that one a try too.  I'm not as familiar with it and the levels it generates though.  I'd love to hear your comments on these methods or any other resource you use to level your books. 

No comments :

Post a Comment