Thursday, July 25, 2013

Graphing Problem Based Learning Activity

So in my attempt this summer to make my room more problem based learning, I've created my first problem based learning activity...

 
 
 
I've designed it so that is a student investigative activity.   The students will get an instruction/introduction letter, a project planning sheet, and a rubric.  They decide what question they want to investigate, conduct a survey, collect, and organize data.  After analyzing the data collected, they create a graph and design a presentation.   I've also included a list of possible topics for those kiddos that struggle with their own.
 
 
 
 


6 comments :

  1. I sure would love to learn more about flipped classrooms. I've heard of it but don't know much about it. I think your blog might be a great place for me to start. Glad you've joined the blogging world and glad Marie posted about you. Take Care.
    Tammy

    Mrs. Flickinger's Butterfly Oasis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am so excited the Marie posted about me! I really love flipped classrooms and want to share their value with others. Let me know if you need more information on them! :)

      Jennifer

      Delete
  2. I found your blog through "Meet Someone New" . I have never heard of flipped classrooms. It sounds interesting and I can't wait to read more post. I am also your newest follower. I too just started blogging. I would love for you to come check out my blog if you get a chance. Thanks for sharing,

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jamie,
      Thank you! I am following you on bloglovin too. I have become so addicted to blogging this summer! :) I'm learning so many new things and meeting so many new virtual friends. Everyone has been so nice and helpful!

      Jennifer

      Delete
  3. The flipped concept is very interesting. Just started following you and have enjoyed reading your blog. Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra,
      Thank you so much! I am very passionate about flipped classrooms. I am still learning so much myself about ways to flip and ways to integrate technology. I have really learned a lot this summer about problem based learning and how to incorporate it into my classroom. I just need more time to get things ready...summer is almost gone. :(

      Take care!
      Jennifer

      Delete