Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Bubble STEM

I had big things I wanted to accomplish this school year with the implementation of my flip.  One of these was the integration of problem-based learning and/or STEM activities.  Time seemed to slip away from me.  However, on the last week of school when kids (and teachers) are done, ready to go home, and acting wild, my children and I attempted several STEM activities.   To my surprise, the kids remained calm, engaged, cooperative, and to my amazement, continued learning even up until the final day.

Two of our science topics in third grade this year were force and energy.  I thought creating a bubble blower with a challenge might be an engaging way to test out these two concepts.

 
 
You can find this project on my new Teachers Pay Teachers store.  As I come up with more activities, I will add them here.  Click on the picture below to take you there.  If you purchase this product and/or use it, please take a few minutes to rate it.
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment